Why You Might Not Be Meeting Your Fitness Goals

If you have found yourself going to the gym regularly for a couple of weeks or even a few months but you still have not seen any changes in your weight, you might find yourself feeling a little demotivated, especially when you notice that everyone else around you appears to be reaching their fitness goals. However, this is not the time where you throw in the towel, because chances are that you might be making some mistake without even realizing it. So, we will list down a few things you might be doing that could be hindering your fitness goals.

  • If exercise plays a 30% role in losing weight, then the rest of the 70% relies on your diet. Sure, you might not be eating takeout or processed sugars, but sometimes that is not enough. If you are still consuming a lot of carbs in the form of rice, noodles, and potatoes and so on, then you cannot be expected to lose weight because your body is consuming too many carbs. So, portion control, and reducing your carb intake is important as well.
  • Even if you are going to the gym, you need to make sure that you are doing the right exercises for your body type. Constantly doing cardio or just the same kind of exercises is not going to help because your body will automatically get adjusted to the amount of exertion after some time. Having a personal trainer can instead yield a lot more promising results for you.
  • Lack of sleep can also end up causing you to gain weight.
  • Working out every single day is not great for you either. Rest days are important as well, so try to aim for at least two rest days throughout the week.

Sharing is caring!

Similar Post